Exhaust & Emissions
What is the Purpose of the Exhaust System?
The exhaust system has three major functions:
- To direct harmful waste gases out of the vehicle.
- To reduce emission in the atmosphere.
- To reduce exhaust noise.
Important Components and Functions in the Exhaust System
- The PCV valve controls the internal pressure in the engine and causes the engine to run rough when not in good condition.
- The catalytic converter reduces the overall exhaust emissions released into the atmosphere.
- The EGR valve reduces the amount of harmful nitrogen oxide released into the atmosphere.
- The oxygen sensor monitors the amount of unburned oxygen in the exhaust system in order to gauge the fuel mixture.
- The muffler reduces the overall noise of the exhaust.
Check out the Exhaust & Emissions Tab, and view the animation provided for more details.
What We Do at Hopewell Tire & Auto Repair
At Hopewell Tire & Auto Repair, we thoroughly provide full exhaust system inspections to make sure that the system runs correctly. We can also replace any component in the exhaust system if needed. The following is a list at some of the thing we look for in the exhaust system:
- We can replace any component within the exhaust system.
- We check the readings on the upstream and downstream O2 sensors.
- We measure the air flow on the catalytic converter.
- We check for leaks at the exhaust manifold.
- We assess the gaskets and hangers in the exhaust system.
Hopewell Tire of Athens GA inspect and repair your exhaust system.
Car Service Athens GA